How we can help
With offices in Newcastle, South Tees and North Cumbria, RDS NENC is ideally placed to help your research team plan an effective study. Our team are able to advise on all aspects of preparing applications for funding in applied health and social care research including:
- Refining your research idea and formulating your research questions
- Conducting literature searches
- Getting the right methodology for your study
- Structuring your grant application
- Identifying the resources required for a successful study
- Signposting to regulatory and ethical issues
- Writing a lay summary
- What Patient and Public Involvement is, and how best to incorporate this
- Building an appropriate research team
You will be allocated an RDS NENC adviser who will take the lead on your enquiry and work with our other staff who have complementary skills. RDS NENC also have a wide range of academic and clinical contacts we collaborate with for additional help if required. Although you can contact us at any stage of your proposal, early contact is preferable.
Please see the specialist advice pages on the left hand side for the specific types of further support that we can offer. This list is not exhaustive; if you would like advice which is not included please contact us.