The RDS Charter
- Offer professional advice on developing a grant application, free of charge.
- Allocate a Research Design Service (RDS) lead to provide support and guidance.
- Provide feedback on draft proposals in a timely manner using face-to-face meetings or other forms of communication, as appropriate.
- Treat all our discussions and the information provided with appropriate confidentiality.
- Facilitate the identification of a suitable funding stream for your project.
- Facilitate the identification of suitable collaborators.
- Give you access to a range of research support materials and signpost to further helpful resources.
We will not:
- Help develop projects where there is no intention of submitting an application for peer review to a recognised funding stream.
- Support applications that are not applying for funding from national peer-reviewed funding agencies.
- Provide supervision or informal support for students.
- Carry out any of the research unless we agree to be a co-applicant, where appropriate costs are included in the grant.
We expect that investigators will:
- Approach us in a timely manner.
- Acquaint themselves with the scope and eligibility of the targeted funding stream.
- Work closely with their research team and will include them in discussions.
- Consider our advice carefully.
- Accurately reflect, in the application, the support that RDS has given.