The Research Design Service (RDS) is funded by the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) to support research teams to develop and submit high quality applied health and social care grant applications to NIHR and other national peer-reviewed funding programmes.
We offer specialist advice on all aspects of an application including:
- designing a research study
- research methods (qualitative and quantitative)
- identifying suitable sources of funding
- involving patients and public in research design
- identifying potential academic, clinical and lay collaborators.
Our advice is confidential and free of charge.
RDS NENC is a regional service, working with a number of partners to provide high quality advice; please complete our online ‘Request an appointment‘ form and we will contact you to arrange a face-to-face meeting.
Alternatively, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (0191) 208 7000 (Please note: during the Covid-19 pandemic, our telephone number is out of use. Please contact us via email)
The National Institute for Health Research (NIHR): improving the health and wealth of the nation through research.
Established by the Department of Health, NIHR:
- funds high quality research to improve health
- trains and supports health researchers
- provides world-class research facilities
- works with the life sciences industry and charities to benefit all
- involves patients and the public at every step
RDS Information Leaflet